Monday, September 29, 2008

two frogs


i am not that little frog mama

who meets a carabao one day

and makes a comparison between

big and bigger
bigger and biggest

what i see mother is simply huge, just that.
i know what a carabao is
and i do not

wish to ask you to be one.

Mother, I have learned the lesson

about the bursting of
false pride and arrogance.
i have learned too
that far pastures are not always
that greener. I do not wish you

to burst like the one that i have
read in a children's book.
I do not want to lose

you Mother. This small pond is enough

for us, Mother. This is a happy pond.
This is just perfect for both of us.
The carabao story is not really funny, Mother.
I have learned my lesson the hard way,Dear Mother.
Let us croak. Let us sing a happier song for this

rainy season with the new tadpoles, my Dear Mother
even without Father.

No comments: